Skip to content


Family Members of H Visa Holders


The H-4 visa is issued to the dependent family members of an H-2 visa holder (spouse and children under 21 years) who want to join the H-2 visa holder in the United States. 

H-4 Visa Processing Time

The processing times for the H-4 visa are different from country to country. Since your H-4 status is dependent on the status of the H type visa holder so your spouse or parent, it might take as long as it takes to process their visa. If, for example, your spouse is applying for an H-2A visa and you apply together, your visa will take the same time to process as your spouse’s.

H-4 visa holders can apply for a change of status. If, for example, you find an employer who is willing to sponsor your visa, you can file for the type of visa in which you qualify. For example, if you get a temporary, non-agricultural job, you can apply for a change of status to an H-2B visa.


How to start the process?

Please contact Navy Financial by phone or email to discuss your individual needs.

We take care of your books for you, so you can get back to the job of running your business and generating profits.
Learn More...
We offer payroll solutions that meet your business's needs and enable you to spend time doing what you do best--running your company.
Learn More...
We offer one-on-one guidance and a comprehensive financial plan that helps manage risk, improve performance, and ensure the growth and longevity of your wealth.
Learn More...

© Navy Financial 2021